It's not just fast news, it's reeeal fast news!
Free Access Through Some Paywalls
FINALLY! All testing is done so please share. See the EASY steps below for your PC, phone or tablet's browser taking only seconds to view
UNLIMITED free online news articles directly on many sites with paywalls, including RNT's website, by simply turning your browser's cookies
completely OFF. As seen in the steps below, this is easily done by going into your device's browser settings or tools & unchecking the cookies
box or sliding an ON / OFF switch. The cookies switch is sometimes found in the security or privacy section or heading in a browser's settings.
NOTE: If you simply clear your cookies instead of completely turning them OFF, that only resets what is called a session cookie that
counts the five free story views some sites allow but surely you don't want to do that over & over when you can get unlimited access by turning
cookies completely OFF. Don't forget to turn cookies back ON for other websites to function properly.
If you can't figure out how, don't know how or just don't want to turn your browser's cookies OFF, scroll down further below to see how to view
other RNT content for FREE by simply clicking directly through RNT's FB & Twitter pages that automatically deactivates the paywall.
Google Chrome on Phones & Tablets: (May be the same on a PC too, just try it)
1) On the right side of the browser, tap on the 3-dot icon (settings)
2) Tap on SETTINGS
3) Tap on SITE SETTINGS
4) Tap or slide the COOKIES switch to OFF & that's it! DON'T FORGET to re-check that box so other sites will
work properly again.
iPhone & iPad Safari: this is NOT located inside the browser on latest & recent Apple devices
1) DO NOT open browser, instead, FIND & tap the SETTINGS icon on the device's home panel SCREEN or wherever it's located
2) Tap SAFARI in left menu bar
3) Tap COOKIES under PRIVACY & SECURITY heading in resulting right menu bar
4) Tap ALWAYS BLOCK COOKIES & that's it! DON'T FORGET to change that setting back to ACCEPT COOKIES so other
sites will work properly again.
Samsung Tablet Native Browser: this may be the same for other tablets' browsers, just look for settings, privacy & security for cookies
1) On the right side of the browser tap on MORE
2) Tap on SETTINGS
3) Tap on PRIVACY
4) Tap or slide the ACCEPT COOKIES switch to OFF & that's it! DON'T FORGET to re-check that box so other sites
will work properly again.
Mozilla Firefox go to:
1) click TOOLS in the top left menu of the browser window or on the 3-bar icon (tools) on far right of window
2) Click on OPTIONS in resulting dropdown menu or gear icon if using 3-bar icon described earlier in step 1
3) Click on PRIVACY in left menu bar
4) Finally, under the History heading, UNcheck 'Accept Cookies from Sites' & that's it! DON'T FORGET to
re-check that box so other sites will work properly again.
If you can't figure out how, don't know how or just don't want to turn your browser's cookies OFF, some RNT content is still FREE to view if
the story links on RNT's Facebook & Twitter pages are used to access their stories. However if using FB, you must be logged OUT of FB for it
to work but if using Twitter, it does not matter if logged IN or OUT, see direct RNT FB & Tw links below. But why do that to see limited free
stories when you can see it ALL for free by disabling your device's cookies as described above? FB & Tw automatically disable many paywall
systems which is a known technical issue in the paywall industry that has existed for many years without a fix. All of the above should also
work for RNT's sister sites in Polk, Calhoun, Catoosa & Cherokee because they all use the same website platform with shoddy software.
RNT FB > facebook.com/RomeNewsTribune
RNT Tw > twitter.com/RomeNewsTribune
Video Archives |
Advertise with RFN! |
RFN Bio |